Monday, December 1, 2008

It's Beginning to Look Alot Like Christmas...

everywhere around my home! I can't believe that we are just 24 days away from Christmas! This weekend I started pulling all the holiday decorations out. It's a massive job. And to add to the decorations this year....I decided to add another Christmas tree to our home. And that's to our 4 or 5 others we already put around!!

Each year even though my house is filled head to toe with holiday decorations...I'm always anxious to make some new ones for the house. This year I decided it was time to make on of the big stars for my front door.



Here's what you'll need:


5 papers of your choice - I used Bo Bunny Believe papers
Mod Podge
Large Tin Star
Stickles Glitter
Colorbox Chalk Inks
Inks

To start I use a thin piece of paper to create a template. I run my hand along the edge of the paper to crease it to the shape of the star. Then I cut this shape out for a template for the star. Next it's important to decide how the papers should be positioned and what point of the star it will look best on. Then trace the template onto the backside of the paper. Once the papers are traced, it's time to adhere them. I add a coating of Mod Podge to the star and then onto the paper. Once glued, I press the paper onto star smoothing it out as I go. Once all the points are glued I then ink the edges with Colorbox Chalk inks.



For this star since it was a holiday one with snowflakes and such I thought some touches of glitter would be nice. I used Stickles in white and green to add little of sparkle to the various papers.



Then for the last step I coated the entire star with another layer of Mod Podge to seal it. When done...you'll have a beautiful holiday decoration to hang over your fireplace or on your front door! The possibilities are endless!



Happy Holidays to you!


Julia

7 comments:

Linda Beeson said...

There are so many fun crafts to create for Christmas and I just love your stars! The papers are wonderful!

Stacey S said...

Awesome barn star, Julia! Love that you made this for your door and the Bobunny papers are perfect for this!

DeeDee said...

WOW!! That's a grand idea!!! I love it!! TFS!!

Miki said...

Your star is beautiful Julia!

Anabelle O'Malley said...

This is awesome, Julia!!!

Jenn said...

Love the look of this, Julia!

Melanie said...

I just love this!