Sunday, July 6, 2008

Quick and Easy Album

I love having a digital camera! But, one thing I've noticed is that I never print out photos like I used to do with my film camera. Sure, I scrap, but I usually just do my favorite pictures. Making mini-albums is so labor intensive for me, so I rarely do them. Recently, I made a promise to myself that I would print more photos so my family could enjoy them. But what to do with them? I decided to start making some mini photo albums. This one was so quick and easy!!!!

First, I bought one of those inexpensive albums at the store. I cut a slit in the cover and pulled out the paper that served as the decoration on the cover. Then, I put in my own paper. I added a tag, some stickers, and VOILA, the cover of my little photo album was transformed!



Next, I pulled out some 7 Gypsies tags. I attached a Making Memories clip to each of them and journaled all about our adventure.




Finally, I tucked the tags into the pages of the book.



My goal is to make lots of simple little albums like this one. It didn't take much time, but really made a fun keepsake. I hope to find a basket to display in my living room and keep the albums in there.

Thanks for stopping by and having a peek,
Anabelle

6 comments:

Julia Sandvoss said...

Great project and one we can all relate too Annabelle!! :-)

Miki said...

I just LOVE this idea Anabelle!!! I love how you did the journaling tags & used an everyday photo type album. I think I have tons of those around since I pick them up in the $1 spot all the time. This would also be a cute project to have your kids journal on the tags while on vacation & add them in with photos later. I'm going to have to remember this next time we go somewhere, love it!!

retiredheather said...

This is such a great idea. A I correct,,,this was one of those cheap plastic photo albums you can get anyplace? I love the idea of the tags behind each photo. Wonderful.

Anita said...

I absolutely love this idea and will definitely be CASEing it! Thanks for the great idea!

http://stampinwithanita.com/

Anonymous said...

Love this travel journal idea! What a cool way to quickly save a few special shots & even travel momentos!

~Bev

Melanie said...

Anabelle - this is just the cutest thing ever! What a great idea. I'm with you on "needing to print those photos". This is absolutely beautiful! Thanks for sharing!